Permanent, full time
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University Law School has over 20 years’ experience in delivering professional legal qualifications and we have proudly earned our place as one of the largest law schools in the UK. We are the firm favourite for law with over 60 leading law firms exclusively choosing us to train their future solicitors, and are selected by these firms above other law schools because of the professional relevance of our education and the enviably high standard of our teaching, facilities and materials.
What you’ll do
BPP is always interested to hear from solicitors or barristers who are looking to move into higher education to teach the next generation of lawyers. We have law centres nationwide where we have periodic vacancies for both permanent and freelance law tutors. If you would like to speak confidentially about the current opportunities please contact the Director of Staffing email@example.com
A GDL School tutor has the following core areas of responsibility:
- Teaching on a range of law school programmes and subjects as required
- Creating and marking assessment materials
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including scholarship and innovation, planning and evaluation and updating programme materials
- Providing pastoral support and guidance of students and/or skills development coaching on relevant programmes and modules
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with BPP systems and processes
- Contributing to internal and external BPP marketing, business development, outreach and employability activities.
Through this, you will work with and support the faculty in delivering excellence in teaching, materials and pastoral support within a compliant regulatory framework.
Training will be offered covering areas such as classroom techniques, marking assessments, developing teaching and assessment materials, university regulations, employability, IT and innovation, BPP systems and processes as required and agreed from time to time. You will be introduced to all the BPP law programmes and the wider BPP organisation.
You will be given the opportunity to acquire a level 7 teaching qualification, the PGCPHE, which you will hold alongside any other professional qualifications you may already have.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (with practice experience)
- A relevant degree and either higher degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience in areas covered by the Law School
- Subject/practice area knowledge
- Practitioner experience relevant to a practice area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to develop rapport, build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students
- Able to conduct ‘difficult’ conversations
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- A commitment to vocationally-orientated legal education
- A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ for the student in terms of their academic journey at BPP University Law School
- A willingness to be involved in activities outside the classroom
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please use the Apply button.