Lead IP Counsel - Global Role
Our client is a global business that is a leader in its field! They are growing their legal team and seek a lawyer to undertake a specialist IP role. You will be the global lead in regard to IP advice across the business. This is truly a fantastic opportunity and would appeal to candidates that enjoy handling exciting projects and high end, international assignments.
- Lead the IP Creation Activity including developing and implementing of IP strategy and leading the management of the IP Portfolio, manage IP risk
- Advising, negotiating and drafting key development contracts, collaboration agreements, R&D contracts, teaming agreements, Trade Mark licenses and NDA’s
- Governing the creation / ownership, use and confidentiality of Group IP and supporting major commercial and corporate transactions
- Managing major cross border matters in a highly commercial environment
- Management of /and resolution of IP disputes
- Lead patent management including a patent manager
- Manage the Trade Mark portfolio
- Manage the IP budget
We are looking for:
- A high calibre candidate with a strong academic background
- Qualified at a reputable law firm or in-house
- Ideally at least 5 years PQE*
- Significant relevant IP experience
- Preferably in-house experience (not essential)
- Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to make your own mark in a growing, dynamic and highly supportive team where you will handle the highest quality global issues.
The position has the flexibility to be based in one of our clients offices, but will entail some UK and international travel.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui Douglas, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to work in the UK.
*We do not preclude on PQE.
By submitting a job application, you agree to the storage of any personal data provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (in particular professional and other social media) throughout the entire application process (CV, references, letter of application, interviews as applicable). To facilitate subsequent contact for professional purposes only, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The same shall also apply if you are contacted by McKenzie Douglas Ltd regarding vacancies that match your existing profile.
Apply for Lead IP Counsel - Global Role
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly