International Commercial firm has an opening for a 3-6 PQE Employment Solicitor to join the Newcastle office
- Undertake a full range of employment matters advising employers in a variety of sectors, including health, local authorities, telecoms, IT and construction.
* Manage a varied contentious and non-contentious workload, with an ability to manage employment tribunal litigation with an appropriate level of supervision from more experienced fee-earners.
* Maintain an awareness of the appropriate limits of own competence, experience and authority.
* Take part in and initiate marketing / network activities in order to maintain and develop work from existing clients and potential clients. This includes presenting and assisting in client and other external seminars.
* Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
* Contribute to non chargeable activity as appropriate e.g. business development, knowledge sharing, training.
* Support the effective running of the team e.g. contributing to team meetings.
* Provide support for colleagues where appropriate e.g. progressing matters in colleagues' absence.
* Development of team clients and candidate's own contacts.
* Handle confidential data in line with the firm's data security protocols.
We would expect the post holder to be a solicitor of typically 3-6 years post qualification experience, from an established respondent focussed practice, who will be able to manage their own work and caseload under supervision from more senior fee earners. However, applications from more senior candidates with relevant experience and a potential following will be welcomed.
* Must have experience of handling tribunal claims from start to finish (under supervision).
* Must have experience of contentious and non contentious matters, and advising clients directly on a broad spectrum of employment law issues.
* Good academic record, together with experience in a well-recognised firm.
* Independent thinker with a focus on generating commercial solutions to problems on behalf of clients.
* Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels.
* Enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach.
* Track record of business development is desirable.
The UK Employment and Pensions Group in this firm is over 90 strong with 16 Partners and a presence in multiple loctions. It is ranked as a "National Leader".
The Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle teams work closely together, operating under one budget, with a focus on providing a seamless service to our client base across the North and nationally. Together the team comprises 5 Partners, 8 Senior Associates, Directors and Consultants, 14 Associates and Solicitors, with 5 paralegals and trainees and 10 support staff. We have both a strong public and private sector client base, including a significant number of household names and listed businesses, and each team is highly ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners Guides.
The team advises clients on issues from daily personnel matters, including disciplinary and grievance issues, to strategic management issues such as redundancy programmes, industrial action, and transfers of employees, up to and including the largest national reconfigurations. We also work closely with our commercial and corporate colleagues to provide support on transactional matters.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Employment Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly