Associate General Counsel, In House - Corporate Commercial Lawyer - 10+ pqe - London
WELLCOME – Associate General Counsel
In House - Corporate Commercial Lawyer - 10+ pqe - London
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. It is a global charitable foundation both politically and financially independent and supports scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations and spark debate.
A wonderful opportunity has arisen at Wellcome for an Associate General Counsel to act in a leadership role within the Wellcome legal team, including acting as lead Legal Business Partner to Wellcome’s Innovations team, which is focussed on supporting translational research to turn early-stage ideas into deliverable health products.
- Act as one of Wellcome’s senior internal advisers for its charitable areas, including in relation to commercial funding and programme-related investments;
- Be responsible for high quality, strategic and innovative legal support to meet the Innovation team’s needs;
- To support commercial evaluation of transactions, review and negotiate legal documents and assist with project management and governance;
- Collaborate with the internal teams including tax, finance, operations and risk;
- Co-ordinate with external advisers including government and regulatory groups.
- Excellent academic history with training at a top law firm, UK qualified solicitor or barrister;
- At least 10 years corporate commercial pqe including some in-house experience ideally;
- Understanding of research and early stage development in the life sciences sector;
- Extensive experience of drafting and negotiating a broad range of corporate and commercial agreements and applying legal expertise to a range of business and legal problems; and
- Experience of managing a team.
For more information please contact our exclusively retained consultant Karen Glass at Marsden Group at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 078 6990. Any third party or direct applications made to Wellcome will be forwarded to Karen for consideration.