Restructuring + Insolvency Lawyers
Restructuring + Insolvency Lawyers
- Restructuring Deal of the Year 2017 and 2018 – Turnaround Management Association
- Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 – Australasian Law Awards
- Multiple opportunities in Sydney + Melbourne
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Independent Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 500 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
Restructuring + Insolvency @ G+T
Our Restructuring + Insolvency group is dynamic and valued for its pragmatic, commercial and partner–led service. The team has been awarded the Australasian Law Awards Insolvency and Restructuring Deal of the Year award for the last five years. We advise banks and financial institutions, as well as special situation groups and distressed debt funds, and many leading insolvency practitioners in relation to all types of restructuring and insolvency matters. We also regularly advise and act for creditors, directors and other investors facing issues arising from corporate insolvency including insolvent trading claims and actions in relation to insolvent transactions.
Led by Dominic Emmett (who was this year named as the Leading Restructuring + Insolvency lawyer in the world (excluding the US and Europe) by Who’s Who Legal 2018), our team had, or continues to have, a significant (if not the lead) role in almost all of the major restructuring and insolvency matters over the past few years. Recent and current roles include advising the majority noteholders of Slater & Gordon, advising Bis Industries and Ten Network, the ad-hoc committee of noteholders on Paladin Energy, a major secured noteholders on Boart Longyear and Emeco, the administrators of Arrium, the noteholders of Norske Skog and the administrators of Toys’R’Us.
Colleen Platford leads the team focussing on the more contentious aspects of restructuring and insolvency matters. The litigation team has been at the heart of many of Australia’s largest disputes. Recent cases have included acting for the receivers of each of River City and Brisconnections resulting in two of the largest settlements in Australian history.
Gilbert + Tobin is looking for both contentious and non-contentious restructuring lawyers.
- Restructuring and workouts
- Distressed debt investing and M&A
- Corporate distress
- Voluntary administrations, liquidations and receiverships
2. Working closely with Colleen Platford (Sydney)
- Schemes of Arrangement
- Disputes and related applications in schemes, receiverships and administration
- Recovery actions
The successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- 2-6 years’ experience focussing on restructuring & insolvency
- A desire - and the capacity - to work on technically challenging matters
- Outstanding drafting and advice writing skills
- Superior analytical skills
- The ability to work effectively with clients
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
For more information, please contact Anthony Downie at Stanford Resourcing +44 (0)207 648 4182
Apply for Restructuring + Insolvency Lawyers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly