General Practitioner Solicitor 4+ PQE - London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a market leading national law firm in the health and social care, life sciences, charity and social enterprise sectors. The firm has a large team of solicitors able to provide specialist advice to GPs, having acted for thousands of GPs and their practices, together with many GP federations, provider organisations and super partnerships.
The firm has been at the forefront of developing the new models of care arising from the Health and Social Care Act and in primary care, the firm has established over 70 GP federations and provider organisations and several super partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced solicitor looking to join a market leading healthcare team and who wants to play a key role in the business development of the GP Primary Care Practice.
The role will involve:
- Drafting partnership deeds and dealing with partnership matters, including the introduction of new partners and retirements, 24-hour retirements and dissolution;
- Advising on access to NHS Pensions in both partnership and corporate structures;
- Handling practice mergers, including due diligence, transfer of NHS contracts and practice transfer agreements, warranties and indemnities and CQC registration;
- Providing feasibility reports for options for scaling up GP primary care via practice mergers and/or the establishment of GP federations and/or super partnerships;
- Advising on the set up of super partnerships, including strategic advice on ownership and management structures; drafting partnership agreements; undertaking due diligence and drafting practice transfer agreements;
- Advising on the set up of GP provider companies, including drafting Articles of Association and shareholder deeds and ensuring compliance with The Companies Act; and
- Advising on compliance with the Companies Act and director's duties, and providing board training.
- Good knowledge of how the healthcare landscape is affecting GPs, including implications for GPs of Integrated Care Systems and new care models;
- A key role in the business development of our GP Primary Care Practice; and
- A proactive approach to business development.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years PQE advising GPs and a good understanding of the evolving healthcare landscape and new models of care as they affect GPs.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com or call Rebecca for a confidential discussion on 0203 950 0534.Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.