Senior Legal Counsel
Our client is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their highly regarded and busy legal team based in Sevenoaks in Kent. Our client is a growing billion-pound turnover UK Company looking to increase their legal team in the next few years.
The successful candidate will need to have a good track record in:
- Reviewing, updating, drafting general commercial / insurance and other contracts for the supply and / or sale of goods or services
- Advising on general commercial law matters and dealing with routine legal enquiries raised
- Providing advice on FSMA and FCA regulatory requirements
- Supporting the Group General Counsel with the development and delivery of the Group's Legal Strategy
- Mentoring junior lawyers / trainees
You will have the ability to advise, engage and negotiate with all levels of the business and be capable of undertaking a wide and varied caseload, balancing priorities accordingly.
Insurance industry experience dealing with insurance contracts for brokers and / or insurers would be desirable but not essential.
Our client envisages that candidates with at least 6 years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.