UK General Counsel - Real Estate
Having developed over 1 million sq m of space our client is one of the one of the leading real estate development businesses in Central and Eastern Europe. Having entered the London market by securing one of London's most sought after development opportunities and with several more opportunities in the pipeline our is now recruiting it's first UK Legal Counsel.
The legal team play a pivotal role in the growth of UK operations and are now in need of a UK General Counsel to continue to spear head and drive this ambition from a legal standpoint. Reporting to UK and MD and the Global GC the successful candidate will form part of the senior management team in London acting as a trusted adviser to senior stakeholders. You will have responsibility for:
- Advising on Key Real Estate transactions
- Construction law including ground works, MOUs build contracts, fit out and leasing agreements
- Financing agreements and acquisitions
- Advice on day to day business matters such as Procurement, Employment and Dispute resolutions
- Working closely with the management team to mitigate risks
- Taking the lead on Compliance and regulatory issues
- Managing and Developing the legal team
- Managing the departmental budget and external counsel
The ideal candidate is likely to have a minimum of 10 years' PQE ideally within real estate and development work. Your experience may have been gained either in a leading City Firm or within a corporate. You must however be able to demonstrate a fundamentally commercial outlook, a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the desire to work in an agile, forward thinking and demanding environment.
Six Figure Salary plus package.