Consumer Claims Lawyer
7 days left
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
CONSUMER CLAIMS LAWYER – GERMANY & AUSTRIA
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you’ll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 250 aircraft flying over 800 routes to more than 30 countries, we’re the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 74 million passengers a year, we employ over 12,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we’re still growing.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and processing consumer legal challenges from customers in Germany and Austria which occur as a result of operational disruption or denied boarding.
- The role will help to ensure that consumer claims for delays / cancellations are immediately assessed to determine those cases which should or should not be legally challenged.
- The person will be responsible for ensuring EasyJet databases, systems and reports are accurately updated and key reporting data disseminated across the business.
- You will manage the processing of, and defend claims submitted to, alternative dispute resolution bodies and/or court whether by independent legal representatives or customers claiming compensation. You will also provide assistance to our outsourced customer service team for handling queries from the consumer regulators.
- To draft all manner of court and ADR documents necessary to protect EasyJet’s position, there will be the opportunity to undertake additional responsibilities such as drafting Defences.
- Liaise with EasyJet’s internal and external legal representatives to ensure co-ordination of cases and settlements / judgements.
- Navigate through EasyJet’s operational IT systems to source information for EasyJet’s external and internal legal representatives, as required to defend court cases or out of court settlements.
- Actively support the overriding responsibility to ensure that EasyJet delivers the highest possible service levels for its passengers. Ensure that there is a high degree of professionalism in customer correspondence and that all customers are treated with courtesy and respect.
- Identifying key learnings from previous cases, you will formulate recommendations in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders to improve processes, compliance, cost effectiveness and value for the company.
- Support the Disputes Team and advise customer service on EU 261 legislation and other consumer law enquiries from national regulatory and enforcement bodies.
- Maintain databases and systems to ensure consistency and accuracy of information relating to disruptions of flights.
- Ensuring the timely payment of claims.
- Responsible for updating the Customer Service system
- Support the Legal Team to help with other German legal matters from time to time.
In line with the Competency Framework which cover:
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Customer and Shareholder Value. Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Exceptional communication skills in English and German (additional language skills would be an asset but not essential)
- A German qualified lawyer or experienced paralegal
- Customer focussed approach
- Ability to efficiently deal with large volumes of work
- Numerate/ comfortable working with data
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience of working with lawyers and/ or the courts
- High volume consumer litigation experience will be an asset, ideally with a focus on civil litigation and/or aviation consumer claims
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 5% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
This full time role will be based in Luton, working 40 hours per week.