Head of Secretariat, Leading UK Financial Services Company, West Midlands
Our client is a UK-wide provider of financial services, providing award-winning levels of customer service to millions of customers across the UK. Join them at an exciting time of change and provide expert, business focused governance advice, which will add value by mitigating risk for the organisation.
We are seeking an individual to provide leadership to the Secretarial Function, reporting to the General Counsel & Secretary (GC&S). The role supports the GC&S to provide an expert advisory service on corporate governance; and deliver company secretarial services to the Company, the Board of Directors, the organisations subsidiaries, and their Charitable Foundation. Building and maintaining effective professional relationships is fundamental both to personal success in the role and the Secretarial Function’s credibility.
Responsibilities will include;
- Statutory compliance-ensure all statutory obligations are met (e.g. filings, registers, constitutional documents)
- Acting as secretary to Audit, Risk and Remuneration Committees.
- Board governance-ensuring proper notice of meetings, an effective Board calendar, preparation of agendas, producing minutes, director inductions, board evaluation, terms of reference are in place and reflect best practice.
- General governance-meeting the UK Corporate Governance Code, delegated authorities, signing authorities, other corporate governance related papers, part of team which organises AGM.
- Annual report-ensuring all disclosure requirements are met and to take lead on the preparation of corporate governance sections (Board overview, Governance Report etc.)
- Managing subsidiary governance matters
- Must have good knowledge of corporate governance.
Professional qualifications or essential experience required;
- ICSA-qualified, solicitor, barrister or accountant with significant relevant post-qualification experience.
- A sound grasp of building society law, corporate law and corporate governance best practice.
- Detailed knowledge of financial services regulation.
- Ability to advise credibly senior management and Board-level personnel on legal and corporate governance issues.
- Highly effective in preparing and presenting clear and concise materials for Board-level audiences.
- Ability to prioritise work and work well under pressure.
- A diplomatic approach with the confidence to provide advice and support to Board-level individuals bilaterally and during formal meetings, and form good relations with members and regular attendees of the Board and Board Committees.
- Corporate governance best practice including as it relates to remuneration, audit and financial reporting.
An excellent salary and package is on offer including relocation assistance if required.
Their people are their most valuable asset and they are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect their values. They recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this opportunity and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if they can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring they continue to meet their members’ needs
To apply for this position, please click the Apply Now button. For further information please contact 'Sandgate Search', on 0203 355 9220 or email Chris Payne on email@example.com quoting reference SS2507.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Company/Commercial Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)
- Insurance/Reinsurance Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Central)