In-House Data Protection Lawyer, Leading Financial Services Organisation, Coventry
7 days left
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
Our client is a UK-wide provider of financial services, providing award-winning levels of customer service to millions of customers across the UK. A mid-level data protection lawyer with 4yrs ++ PQE is currently required at an exciting time of change to provide expert, business focused legal and regulatory advice, which will add value by mitigating risk for the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who is looking for an autonomous role with a broad remit across a leading financial services organisation.
Whilst financial services experience is preferred this is not a pre-requisite for the role
Reporting directly into the head of legal this individual will working with various business units and senior stakeholders in a highly varied role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working on DPA, GDPR implementation, risk assessments, governance framework and providing training to the business on data protection
- Reviewing, drafting and implementing internal data protection policies
- Horizon scanning/ analyzing new data protection laws
- Negotiating data protection clauses in commercial agreements and data processing agreements
- Completing data privacy questionnaires that are required for compliance audits/ tender bids/clients
- Reviewing tender terms and conditions
- Must have a thorough understanding the Data protection Act 1998
Strong commercial acumen is crucial as well as the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external business stakeholders.
Role related knowledge:
- Positive, welcoming, helpful and assertive.
- Highly organized
- Ability to interpret the needs of the business
- Confidence, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Commercial approach and aptitude to work independently.
- Ability to build relationships across the business and externally.
- Ability to communicate legal matters in a clear way to non-legal colleagues
- High degree of accuracy for documentation production.
Ability to use the following systems:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Training will be provided for internal systems
Other essential information:
- Team player. Commitment to our client and its core values.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Potential for flexible working hours
Individuals fulfilling these criteria are encouraged to send their CV in complete confidence to call Chris Payne on 0203 2811 338 for a confidential discussion or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for In-House Data Protection Lawyer, Leading Financial Services Organisation, Coventry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly