In-house Commercial / Regulatory Legal Counsel, Leading Financial Services Organisation, Coventry
Our client is a UK-wide provider of financial services, providing award-winning levels of customer service to millions of customers across the UK. A mid-level commercial / regulatory lawyer with 4yrs ++ PQE is currently required at an exciting time of change to provide expert, business focused legal advice, which will add value by mitigating risk for the organisation.
Overall Purpose of role:
To support the Legal function as follows:
- Providing general commercial law support to the business, with a focus on contract and regulatory work.
- Develop policies to be followed throughout the organisation
- Initiate strategies to maximise the business’ adherence to the company policies
- Improve the organisations template contracts (to take into account both commercial and regulatory issues)
- Advise on a wide range of IT and non-IT supply contracts, and invitations to third party suppliers to tender
- Reviewing, updating and refreshing the contracts database (this includes completing fields within the contracts management system and ascertaining what contracts can be archived).
- Assisting with contract and regulatory queries received from the business including with regulators.
- Drafting documents including basic contracts, variations and termination letters.
- Providing general administration and commercial law support to the Legal team (this may involve drafting of process maps for the Legal function).
- Providing flexible support to advise on a broad range of legal questions as they arise across the business
Professional qualifications or essential experience required:
- Candidate must be admitted to practice law either as a Solicitor or a Barrister in England and Wales and must hold a current practicing certificate. Level 4-8 yrs PQE.
- Commercial contract law and regulatory experience.
- Financial Services experience ideally required although not a prerequisite.
- General supplier contract negotiation
- Responding to general queries from their branches and operations teams
- overseeing variations to their contracts to ensure they are GDPR compliant
- advice on ad hoc issues from other departments within the organisation
- liaising with external counsel on issues as and when required
- Updating the contracts database to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
- Taking ownership for the task in hand, problem solving, and being able to make decisions quickly and efficiently based on the risk to the business.
- Providing timely advice to business stakeholders on a wide range of legal issues.
- Providing flexible support to the Legal function and the wider business.
- Drafting and negotiating legal documents where required.
Role related knowledge:
- Positive, welcoming, helpful and assertive.
- Highly organized
- Ability to interpret the needs of the business
- Confidence, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Commercial approach and aptitude to work independently.
- Ability to build relationships across the business and externally.
- Ability to communicate legal matters in a clear way to non-legal colleagues
- High degree of accuracy for documentation production.
Ability to use the following systems:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Training will be provided for internal systems
Other essential information:
- Team player. Commitment to our client and its core values.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Potential for flexible working hours
Individuals fulfilling these criteria are encouraged to send their CV in complete confidence to call Chris Payne on 0203 2811 338 for a confidential discussion or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance In-House 7+ Years jobs in Birmingham
- Company/Commercial In-House 7+ Years jobs in Birmingham
- Financial Services In-House 7+ Years jobs in Birmingham
- Regulatory/Compliance In-House 7+ Years jobs in Birmingham
- Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance) In-House 7+ Years jobs in Birmingham