Are you looking for a Senior Counsel role or aspire to be one? Do you want a role which will allow you to contribute positively to not only your community but the world? Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
This role provides Legal support to GSK’s Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) organisation.
The role will provide exposure to a broad range of legal, strategic and commercial issues affecting the GMS business, including advising on, drafting and negotiating significant commercial agreements and transactions and counselling on regulatory and operational issues affecting GSK’s internal and external pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare supply chains.
The preferred location is the UK; however, other locations within Europe will be considered. The role will report to the Vice-President and Associate General Counsel, Legal Operations, GMS (US and Global Quality).
There will be some adhoc travel within the UK and Europe.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Providing support to GMS Quality function, including support of Product Incident Review Committee meetings, key regulatory inspections, recalls, and ad hoc regulatory and quality issues, and help develop strategies to address specific compliance risks and business needs, with a focus on Europe, Middle East/Africa and Asia Pacific Regions.
- Support the prevention and management of legal risks facing the company arising from and related to Environmental Health and Safety requirements applicable to GMS operations ex-US.
- Providing legal support on GMS related aspects to the manufacturing facilities in the UK.
- Liaise with above country and in-country attorneys responsible for the Asia Pacific Region as a subject matter expert on GMS-related ways of working and operations.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing significant commercial contracts in support of GMS client groups and strategic initiatives, including agreements with suppliers relating to purchase/supply of goods and services, capital projects and IP licensing relevant to GMS business.
- Advising in relation to contractual disputes and participating in negotiations with third parties in connection with such disputes.
- Providing legal advice and support on other areas relevant to GMS client groups, including anti-bribery, trade sanctions and export controls.
- Provide support to GMS Strategy Function in Business Development transactions that involve the supply of product from a Third Party or have GMS Supply Chain implications.
- Participating in business meetings and providing legal advice to project teams responsible for delivering significant initiatives on behalf of the GMS organisation.
- Providing training and education to GMS client groups on Legal issues.
- Developing standard form terms and conditions, contract templates, contracting principles and processes for resolving legal issues affecting the GMS client groups.
- Collaborating with Legal colleagues on GMS matters affecting their clients.
- Participation in Legal function teams, training and administrative activities.
- Managing external counsel and service providers within budgetary requirements.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 25th June 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister admitted to practice law in England, Scotland or Wales with a current practicing certificate or a suitably qualified foreign lawyer.
- Strong legal skills combined with high integrity and sound commercial acumen.
- Sound commercial contract and transactional experience in a major law firm and/or in-house legal function (or a combination of appropriate business and legal experience).
- Sound understanding of contract law and excellent drafting skills.
- Familiarity with European regulatory framework applicable to a Global Pharmaceutical Company/Consumer Healthcare.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to engage proactively, influence and interact effectively with Legal colleagues, commercial clients and senior management, and to demonstrate the GSK Leadership Essentials.
- Ability to collaborate within a matrix structure collaborating with and supporting GSK Legal colleagues within Legal Operations GMS and across different business groups and international markets.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team and manage numerous matters and competing priorities effectively.
- Willingness to undertake domestic and international travel as required
- Experience of advising on, drafting and negotiating procurement, manufacturing and supply agreements in a regulated industry.
- In-house experience in a multinational pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare business.
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality and regulatory environment and regulations.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Familiarity with anti-bribery and corruption and risk management and compliance frameworks.
- Familiarity with advising on supply chain logistics, trading models and related trade compliance matters.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive On Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.