Legal Counsel - Pharma and Legal Counsel - Corporate (permanent) and Legal Counsel (temporary)
Clinigen Group plc is a global pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on providing access to medicines to improve the quality of people's lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines.
Building on the company’s further growth and success they are now seeking talented and ambitious individuals to join their UK headquartered legal team.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel the roles will be responsible for providing high quality timely legal advice across all business areas with a focus on Clinigen products (for the pharma focused role) and corporate transactional work (in the case of the corporate focused position).
Legal Counsel - Pharma
The pharma orientated role whilst broad will include:
- The review, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements, including but not limited to manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements.
- Overseeing compliance and managing risk including disputes and litigation proceedings on a cross-border basis.
- Assisting in driving key global projects.
- Providing commercial, regulatory, privacy and advertising advice.
- Working closely with business stakeholders to identify business opportunities.
- Support of Clinigen specialty brands and licensed products, including in the review of promotional materials and advice in relation to company’s relationships with third party distributors.
Legal Counsel - Corporate
The corporate role will again be broad including:
- All aspects of share/asset acquisitions and disposals, including but not limited to due diligence, drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements and ancillary agreements.
- Collaboration agreements and licensing.
- Ensuring compliance and best practice in all jurisdictions where we operate.
- Engaging with the internal business streams to draft, negotiate and advise on a variety of contracts with suppliers and customers.
- To act as the subject matter expert for all aspects of data privacy and corporate governance.
- To support the General Counsel with other legal work including regulatory compliance, such as MAR, anti-trust, Whistleblowing and ABC, as may be necessary from time to time.
Legal Counsel (temporary)
There is an also an immediate need for a well-rounded commercial and/or corporate lawyer to join the company on a temporary basis to cover the areas described below.
To qualify for the roles, you will be a qualified Solicitor with private practice training and post-qualification experience with leading international law firm and or in-house experience, ideally within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical sectors. For the pharma role you will also ideally have some awareness of, and relevant experience with, laws, industry codes and best practices related to the promotion of prescription medications whilst for the corporate role you will have existing corporate transactional and general corporate experience (some general commercial experience also being advantageous). You will also need to be self-motivated with strong communication skills and enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and rewarding environment.
These assignments are being handled by our recruitment partner Rob Baron of Baron Crawford.
Apply for Legal Counsel - Pharma and Legal Counsel - Corporate (permanent) and Legal Counsel (temporary)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly