Senior Legal Counsel
A market leader in the health-care sector
The key responsibilities required for the role include:
- Act as In-House Senior Legal Counsel
- Head up and manage Pharmaceutical business stream.
- Drafting, review and negotiation approval and execution of commercial and other contracts including contracts with clients when new business is gained, or when existing contracts are renewed.
- Provide legal support and advice to the Group Company Secretary and senior internal stakeholders.
- Support M&A and corporate transactions.
- Assist in maintaining the corporate risk register staying abreast of legal developments affecting the organisation and incorporating such developments into the organisations practices.
- Manage and advice on threatened or actual litigation.
- Advise key stakeholders on legal priorities, (corporate governance and other relevant regulations and legislation) and support training & compliance work as needed.
- Ensure contracts are in place for all services identified by the business, including maintaining best practice templates for SLA's and other core legal documents.
- Advise on various legal issues including anti-bribery, data protection issues and competition law compliance.
- Motivate and inspire direct reports to perform to their best and lead by example.
- Give direct reports clear direction and set objectives/goals
- Assess capacity demands to undertake work tasks, and take steps to optimise the deployment of available staff resources.
- Support team to resolve complex issues and act as an escalation point when necessary.
The candidate must have the following skills and experience to be considered for this position:
- UK Qualified solicitor
- Hold an in-date practising certificate
- Senior Legal Counsel level or General Counsel / legal director level.
- A proven track record of working at a senior level within the in-house legal market
- Previous experience working within the medical / health-care sector - specifically within pharmaceuticals.
- Previous team lead / management experience
- Extensive commercial contracts background
- Strong communicator
- Be able to work in the East Midlands on client site.
Subject to face to face interview