Based in Newcastle
Salary circa £60,000+ Excellent Benefits
As the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailers we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Manager to join and strengthen our in-house legal team based at our Newcastle Head Office. Offering an attractive salary plus benefits including company car, bonus, profit share, pension scheme and life insurance, this is a great chance for a highly skilled commercial lawyer to work within a high profile FTSE250 company.
- Taking full responsibility for managing and undertaking all aspects of the in-house property legal caseload in England and Wales
- Overseeing the outsourcing of commercial property work in Scotland & Northern Ireland
- Leading the team, both internal and external, on the management of day to day commercial contracts
- Providing legal support to marketing in drafting terms and conditions; approving point of sale material; and use of trade marks, Providing legal support and advising on trade mark infringement
- Acting as the point of contact for the trade mark watching service and liaising with marketing / product team about creation of new trade marks
This is a full time role normally working Monday to Friday but as a 24/7 fast-moving retail operation there may be a requirement for some occasional flexibility.
- Significant post qualification experience from a commercial legal environment, preferably with previous in-house exposure
- A commercial property background
- General commercial experience across contracts, IP, data protection,
- Experience of managing a team and setting objectives
- Budgetary experience including preparing and managing/monitoring budget spend/activity
- Extensive experience of dealing with all levels of management – including executive level
Greggs is one of the UK’s leading and most well-known food on the go retailers, with an estate of circa 1,700 stores, over 20,000 employees and an annual turnover in excess of £800m. In recent years we have become a household name and this is a fantastic opportunity to play a role in their continued success.
This role may be suitable for you if you have a background in any of the following: Legal Manager, Solicitor, Property Lawyer, Commercial Property Lawyer, Contracts & Property Lawyer.