Job ID 549584BR
Location Hammersmith, London
Business Walt Disney International
Brand Walt Disney International
Date posted Apr. 25, 2018
We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of contract manager, based in Hammersmith London.
This is a legal role in the Disney Media Distribution team. Disney Media Distribution is responsible for the licensing of all Disney film and television programming and channels throughout EMEA.
The focus of the role will be on drafting and negotiating programming and channel license agreements with traditional broadcasters and digital entertainment companies, and providing legal support and advice to the business.
This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced corporate candidate to make the fulfilling transition into the media industry. In the process of transferring your expertise, you will be given autonomy to negotiate deals independently and given a platform to create relationships with various media stakeholders. This opportunity could be the start of an exciting media career representing a globally recognised brand.
- Draft, negotiate and complete programming and channel license agreements, format agreements, amendments and other legal documentation required by the DMD business in EMEA
- Advising and liaising with the sales teams in London and the overseas offices in relation to the deal points on license agreements
- Supervise and assist in monitoring the work of Contract Administrators
- Be the first point of contact for queries from Finance, Marketing and Technical representatives within a specific territory group
- Strengthen internal and external relationships in ways that benefit the business
- Develop a solid understanding of the business’s and licensees’ risks, expectations and negotiating position through effective utilisation of cross-functional expertise
- Working closely with the sales team to structure, manage and support the negotiation and successful completion of license agreements, identifying risks, escalating as appropriate and formulating solutions
- Proactive support of the contract management function
- Arrange for the distribution of license agreements, amendments etc. internally and to licensees and follow-up/chase outstanding documentation, with the support of the Contract Administrators
- Arrange for the execution of license agreements and amendments
- Update database with status reports of outstanding license agreements
Other General Activities
- Work effectively with departmental colleagues on a cross-functional and cross-territory basis and become a trusted advisor and colleague of the sales team
- Provide clear, commercial, accurate and timely legal advice and analysis to enable DMD to meet its objectives
- Adhere to defined policies and procedures, taking opportunities to improve them where available
- Drive to develop knowledge of the product slate, distribution media and the territory environment (including customers and market dynamics) on a continuing basis
- Keep up to date with relevant legal developments and, where appropriate, take opportunities to share that knowledge with colleagues
- Foster a ‘continuous improvement’ culture, ensuring that policies and processes will protect the business
- Basic Qualifications:
- Law degree, GDL or equivalent
- Newly qualified to 2 years PQE preferred
- Contract and Commercial Law experience
- Contract drafting experience
- Contract negotiation experience
- Additional Information:
Occasional travel requirements to overseas territoriesAbout Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.