An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Legal & Compliance Department for a Legal Counsel to join an established team. With an energetic team committed to excellence, Bayer provides a working environment that embraces openness complemented by a passion for success. This is a full time permanent position based at the Company’s UK headquarters in Reading, Berkshire.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- The job holder provides pragmatic legal advice for the UK Pharmaceuticals Division including Medical, Sales & Marketing, Patient Access, Product Supply and Quality, directly supporting the work of two Senior Legal Counsels
- The job holder helps manage litigation for the UK pharmaceuticals business including ensuring proper representation by outside counsel
- The job holder stays on top of developments and trends in the respective legal and compliance fields, engaging in internal and external networks and acts as LPC’s UK/Ireland Knowledge Steward, directly supporting the work of LPC’s Global Knowledge Manager
- The job holder actively seeks opportunities to engage with the UK pharmaceuticals business to deepen business understanding. In conjunction with the Senior Legal Counsels, the job holder will set themselves ambitious objectives for participating in field visits and long term strategic planning activities. The job holder will actively contribute to project management inside and outside LPC, as the business continues to drive change by increased project activities
- The job holder constantly looks for ways to be innovative in their delivery of support and advice, ensuring they adapt as the UK pharmaceuticals business evolves
- Recognising that education and training of the UK workforce is essential to LPC’s core legal and compliance messages being understood and applied for business success, the job holder will regularly help to educate and train their business colleagues on these messages.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- University degree
- Qualified in the UK as a solicitor or barrister with most likely 1 to 3 years post qualification experience (and preferably with in house experience of the healthcare industry)
- Strong business understanding, customer focus and pragmatic “can do” mindset
- Strong conceptual and problem solving capabilities in the context of a highly regulated business
- Strong interpersonal, team orientated and collaboration skills
- High level of energy, initiative and ownership
- Excellent communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations and fluency in English and ability to build long term partnerships with internal management and staff
- Capability to work in a multicultural environment
- Proven ability to undertake continual self-development to stay on top of best practice developments and trends in the legal and compliance field
To apply please click on the Apply button to go to the UK Bayer Careers page.