We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies performance chemicals in addition to raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals.
What you can expect
As an in-house lawyer working at BASF's UK headquarters in Cheadle you will join a small, friendly legal team which is responsible for legal and compliance matters for all BASF's businesses in the UK and Ireland.
Your tasks will include the following:
- Drafting,reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts;
- Providing assistance to other members of the team on real estate and litigation issues, M&A projects and also wider BASF European and global projects;
- Assisting on a wide variety of company secretarial and governance matters; and
- Delivering code of conduct and competition law training for employees based in the UK and Ireland in line with BASF's compliance programme.
What we expect
- You will be a qualified solicitor with at least two years' PQE gained either at a UK law firm or in-house, ideally specialising in either corporate or commercial work;
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to provide high quality legal advice on a wide range of issues, have strong drafting skills and good commercial acumen;
- Your communication and interpersonal skills are key and you must have the ability to build strong client relationships across the whole business with a view to continuous development;
- You must have a willingness to travel, both in the UK and throughout Europe; and
- A working knowledge of German would be advantageous, but not essential.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
For more information please contact: Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.