Managing Editor – Legal
Managing Editor – Legal
Are you a solicitor or barrister looking for a change of direction?
Sparqa is a rapidly growing online legal content company based in London WC1. Brought to you by the team behind FromCounsel, the leading corporate intelligence service developed by barristers from Erskine Chambers and experienced Professional Support Lawyers from city firms, Sparqa is a well-funded start-up looking for lawyers to work on an exciting new project within the small-medium business market.
We are looking for top-quality lawyers with backgrounds in well-respected firms or chambers with significant post-qualification experience (circa 7 years’ PQE+), preferably advising clients in one of the following areas of practice: Commercial, Employment or IP/IT. Experience in ancillary areas will also be considered.
You will be leading teams of junior lawyers to develop, deliver and maintain written legal content for an innovative new online legal know-how service. Presenting the law in practical terms to business owners is at the core of the service so a demonstrable flair for writing easy-to-read, original, high-quality content and a genuine interest in communicating knowledge to others is essential. You will be liaising with other senior in-house lawyers to develop the product so must be comfortable both working in a team and taking individual ownership of projects to secure results. Due to the nature and flexibility of the product, an enthusiasm for applying your expertise outside of traditional legal working environments is a must. You will also feel confident picking up and working in new and unfamiliar areas of law as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified lawyers looking to join a dynamic online company and use their legal expertise in a rewarding, flexible and friendly working environment whilst still enjoying a competitive salary + benefits.
Full and Part-time positions are available. Due to the collaborative nature of this role, Managing Editors are required to work from our Central London offices (WC1N).
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister.
- Extensive technical legal knowledge and practical experience advising lay clients in one or more of the above practice areas.
- Exceptional research and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and an interest in innovation in the delivery of legal services.
- Ability to write within a defined tone of voice.
- Ability to distil technical legal content into easily understood, accessible copy with broad appeal.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and lead a team of junior writers to deliver results.
- A proactive approach and a genuine enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment.
- Demonstrable ability to complete projects to demanding deadlines.
- Prior editorial, writing, content experience.
- Prior experience leading/managing a team or commercial project.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the role requirements by clicking the Apply button and quoting reference ‘Managing Editor’.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial Barristers 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Employment Barristers 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology Barristers 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Intellectual Property Barristers 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Barristers 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)