European Data Protection Role- Leading Global Fund Manager
This leading global fund management organisation is currently looking to appoint a Senior Lawyer or Compliance Professional to the role of Data Protection Officer, who will assist Senior Management with complying with all issues relating to the protection of personal data in advance of the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in May 2018. This role can be based in either London or Frankfurt.
Key aspects of this stand alone and independent role will include:
- Advice to Management on application of Laws related to data protection, consulting with Legal and Compliance
- Act as the interface between businesses, data processors, data controllers and the Data Protection Authorities
- Help data controllers undertake a Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Establish an appropriate Compliance and risk monitoring program for all relevant jurisdictions
- Train staff and assist Senior Management on all data protection and security issues
Candidates sought should have:
- A minimum of 10 year’s experience within the Financial Services Industry with a minimum of five years gained within data governance and data management
- Expert knowledge of European and national data protection laws and the GDPR
- Thorough working knowledge of the Asset Management Industry
- Compliance and/or Legal Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
In return for your efforts, compensation for this role will be highly competitive, comprising attractive base salary and discretionary bonus as well as an excellent benefits package.