In-House qualified non-contentious Construction Solicitor
Our Client is one of the UK's largest Infrastructure consultancies. They offer first class opportunities for training and development and excellent benefits.
What you will do:
- Reviewing and negotiating client contracts (including standard form construction contracts) through to closure. Providing advice and support at all stages, including variations and potential contract claims
- Acting as a direct point of contact to the business in relation to a range of legal matters
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with subcontractors
- Reviewing and negotiation of contractual documents such as supplier agreements, industry standard form construction contracts, framework agreements, collateral warranties, joint-venture arrangements and bidding agreements.
- Continually improving know-how and communicating back to the team legal matters which have implications at project level such as standard terms and conditions, training etc.
- Supporting the business with the effective administration of contracts including providing contractual templates and tool kits
- Reviewing, interpreting and advising on existing contracts and issues prior to formal dispute resolution.
- Providing support to the commercial team
- Providing legal advice to the business
- Promoting awareness of, and compliance with, legislation and internal governance requirements
- Working on joint ventures and tender agreements
- Assisting the Legal Director as required in implementing and monitoring legal and governance issues
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Legal Director
Your experience will include:
- Qualified legal professional with circa 2-4 years’ post qualification experience in non-contentious construction / engineering matters, although this has been given as an approximate guide, and candidates with equivalent experience should still apply.
- Experience of working with various standard form construction contracts
- Commercial experience in negotiation of consultant appointments, framework agreements, JV agreements, shareholder agreements, collateral warranties and letters of reliance.
- Experience in advising a mixture of consultants, contractors and employers.
- Familiarity with Public Procurement rules
- Confident communicator with an ability to swiftly build the trust of internal clients at all levels.
- Able to negotiate and close contracts
- Able to prioritise and manage their own workload including adhering to key deadlines.
- Works well in a team & alone.
- Able to recognise when they need assistance / supervision