IT/IP Lawyer - FTSE 250 Company ( West End)
FTSE 250 Company seeks a Legal counsel to work in their highly regarded legal department and support on legal issues across the business with the primary focus being IT matters (including the cloud). commercial contracts, intellectual property rights and data protection
Key responsibilities will include :
- Playing a lead role in reviewing, drafting and advising on commercial contracts entered into by the business, particularly in the areas of IT (including cloud related issues) and data protection matters.
- Providing advice on the protection and scope of their registered trademarks.
- Working proactively with the rest of the business in its work to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation before it comes in to force (May 2018).
- Reviewing contracts within the contract approval procedure and providing legal advice to best satisfy business requirements.
- Obtaining advice from external advisers as appropriate and liaising with internal departments.
- Advising on and assisting the business to comply with regulatory requirements working closely with the Compliance Department.
The ideal Candidate will have between two and six years post qualification experience and ideally have a good working knowledge of contract law, intellectual property rights (focus on trademarks), technology and data protection law.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Information Technology In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Intellectual Property In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Trademarks In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Data Protection In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)