Commercial Property Solicitor
Working within the Commercial Property Department you will undertake complex, high profile and politically sensitive conveyancing and property-related matters as may be allocated by the Head of Property Group.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct conveyancing and other property-related legal matters, including sales, purchases, leases, easements, reports on title and advice on such matters.
- Drafting all necessary documentation involved in carrying out the above duties.
- To assist in marketing initiatives and raising the profile of the business as part of a wider objective to develop the Company’s client base.
- Supporting members of the business, including support of project work including PFIs, and Academy Conversions.
- Advising upon and drafting other legal documents, including contracts relating to land, property, companies, planning, highways, economic development, as well as PFI, Academy conversions and other similar matters.
- To be accountable for the maintenance of the highest professional standards to the Head of Group and Chief of Operations and through them to the Director of Compliance, Chief Executive and Board.
- To achieve and maintain a good working relationship with all clients and other staff.
- To carry out such other duties commensurate with the post as the Head of Group and Chief of Operations may require.
You will be a qualified solicitor, with a broad range of commercial property experience including:
- All aspects of current commercial property conveyancing
- Non-contentious landlord and tenant matters
- Experience / interest in project work, PFI and Academy conversions
- Securing work, conducting presentations and publishing of articles in the legal press
- Introduction of innovative ideas to secure improved methods of working and obtaining new sources of income
- Able to conduct training sessions and presentations to prospective clients
- Experience of working with a quality assessed environment
- Experience of working with a case management, time recording system and chargeable hours target
- Knowledge of Commercial conveyancing (both freehold and leasehold)
- Political awareness of the structure and operation of Local Government.
Our client is an award-winning, internationally recognised legal practice, established for over 15 years with a 600 + strong public sector client base across the UK. They are in a period of expansion and culture change therefor this is an appealing time to join.
Apply for Commercial Property Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly