Commodities Lawyer, Physical Trading Company, 5+
Our client, a successful physical commodities trader with a focus on soft commodities (agri, food, oil and pharmaceuticals) is seeking a lawyer who can confidently lead the team’s commodities activities.
The position requires:
- Experience in drafting/negotiating commodities sale & purchase agreements (container, bulk, tank)
- Understanding of INCO terms, demurrage and quality & quantity claims
- General knowledge of charter parties
- Experience with cargo claim (litigation/arbitration/P&I)
- Experience in trade finance/credit insurance would be a benefit, but is not required
The legal team is an integral part of the business decisions and not merely an advisory function. We are looking for a mature candidate with the organisational intelligence and wish to progress into a managerial role within the group.
The group is young and ever evolving with an entrepreneurial approach to management and team culture. Hiring the right people and ensuring a good personal culture is key. The group operates in an open plan office to ensure constant sharing of information and to support a collegiate approach to management.
Experience of sub-Saharan Africa would be a plus.
The oil and oil products business is expected to expand in 2018.
For further information please contact Catherine Cook in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 7129 1221
More jobs like this
- 7+ Years In-House Banking/Finance jobs in London (Central)
- 7+ Years In-House Financial Services jobs in London (Central)
- 7+ Years In-House Litigation/Dispute Resolution jobs in London (Central)
- 7+ Years In-House Transport (Including aviation and shipping) jobs in London (Central)
- 7+ Years In-House Commercial Litigation jobs in London (Central)