Solicitor- Industrial Disease
Due to the expansion and growth of our Industrial Disease team we are seeking an experienced lawyer to join the team. Based either in London or Oxford, you will work alongside Chambers-ranked partner Helen Childs to provide an exceptional level of service to clients affected by asbestos-related illnesses. Your role will involve:
- Managing a caseload of claimant industrial disease files, dealing effectively with cases and transactions including mesothelioma, asbestosis and lung cancer. Dealing directly with client to take instructions and ensure a full understanding in order to deliver on client expectations Researching and drafting article and assisting with the production of marketing materials
- Developing a network of clients, contacts and potential referrers, attends events to raise the profile of the firm and your own as an expert.
- Encouraging juniors/ trainees and giving feedback to assist their learning, effectively delegating tasks where appropriate
- Understanding, learning and application all business processes applicable to own work learning new processes as required
Skills & Experience:
- You will be a qualified lawyer (Solicitor or cILEX) with a depth of experience of dealing with claimant industrial disease work, in particular asbestos related claims.
- Your experience will lead you to have the ability to manage your own files with minimal supervision.
- Strong client management skills are a priority with a focus on delivery of exceptional client care.
- Organised and able to effectively prioritise.
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last four years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!