Media Litigation solicitor - Partner Designate
Media litigation lawyer - Partner Designate
Rare opportunity for high calibre media litigation lawyer at award winning niche firm
Wiggin is a law firm focused exclusively on media, technology and brands. We advise clients on the financing, exploitation and protection of their creative and commercial assets in these sectors. Our clients range from leading businesses in publishing, broadcast entertainment, music, sport through to platforms, content retailers, gaming and technology companies and early stage entrepreneurs.
Wiggin's culture stands out among law firms. The firm has a reputation for being entrepreneurial and innovative in its approach - this has been recognised by a number of industry awards and is evident in the various spin-off businesses that Wiggin runs. We empower our lawyers early, expect commitment and excellence and celebrate when we achieve it.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented lawyer to make their mark fighting for media clients and their right to freedom of expression. The departure of one of our lawyers to take up a senior position at Channel 4 has created a vacancy for an experienced commercial litigation lawyer to defend the media from claims in defamation, privacy and data protection.
Wiggin's team is the original defendant practice, has an excellent reputation in the market and is highly ranked in the legal directories. We advise the nation's most prominent media, news and content providers, book and magazine publishers, advertisers, television broadcasters, film/TV production companies, and radio stations. Where there are reputational issues or important points of principle at stake, our clients rely on our determination and robust style of litigation.
- Have a terrific caseload and work with some of the best lawyers within the media, technology and brand sectors.
- Be part of an innovative, passionate team of lawyers working in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
The role could be based in either London or Cheltenham.
As a bright, ambitious commercial litigation lawyer with a minimum of 5+years' PQE you will have:
- Significant experience advising high profile media organisations in relation to defamation, privacy and data protection, including High Court litigation.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- A desire to take a key role in building the reputation and client base of the team, and on supervising associates.
No agencies - please submit your CV directly to Wiggin. The firm will not be bound by agency terms of business.