Are you a Slashie?
It is not uncommon to see a model try their hand at acting, or a pop singer presenting on TV. In the celebrity world, this isn’t new. Famous faces are often diversifying their careers, building on their profile in one area to make waves in another – model/actor, actor/singer – and in the age of social media, more and more celebrities are becoming ‘Slashies’, and taking on a number of different jobs.
Now we’re also starting to see a growing number of professionals looking to diversify their careers, building on their skills in their work life to breathe life into a passion project. We’re even seeing it in the world of law – at Vario we recently carried out a survey that revealed a quarter of our freelance lawyers also run a business on the side. Often these businesses are rooted in personal passions such as wine making or sailing, writing or teaching.
Vario from Pinsent Masons is different. We're different because we like to be different. We are a hub of freelance legal professionals working for clients on a flexible basis. Varios join us for a variety of reasons, but underlying it all is a desire to balance their career and personal needs with satisfying, interesting and high-quality legal work. As a result, they develop their skills and enhance their CV, whilst being backed by the knowledge and infrastructure of a major law firm.
So why don’t you join a ‘hub’ of highly-skilled/pragmatic/creative freelance lawyers? You too could become a Slashie. We’re not clones.
We're looking for individuals who can demonstrate all of the following
- Qualified lawyer with a strong academic background
- Top 50 law firm or equivalent in-house/secondment experience
- Flexible, communicative and adaptable
- Enthusiastic about embracing new work cultures
- Robust enough to negotiate alongside commercial colleagues
- Rapidly develop close, trusting relationships
Let’s give you some examples of the types of assignments our Varios work on
- Leading provider of retirement products required a junior lawyer for 6 months to work on a pensions business
- Multinational consumer goods company required a mid to senior level lawyer to support BAU commercial work remotely for 3 days a week
- Worldwide financial services company required a junior to mid level lawyer to assist with general legal services and risk management for 12 months
To see all available opportunities at Vario please click here
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice Partner jobs in Nationwide
- Employment Private Practice Partner jobs in Nationwide
- Financial Services Private Practice Partner jobs in Nationwide
- Intellectual Property Private Practice Partner jobs in Nationwide
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice Partner jobs in Nationwide