This job is no longer available
A leading and very reputable insurance group is currently looking to recruit an interim Head of Secretariat to manage an experienced and autonomous team for 12-15 months. Reporting directly to the CEO, as the Company Secretary and a Board Director you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with the UK listing rules, UK Corporate Code and all relevant UK or equivalent Companies Act requirements.
- Exercising due skill, care and diligence in executing the duties of a director under the UK (or local equivalent) Companies Act of 2006 and to comply with the requirements of FSMA 2000, Lloyd's Byelaws and Codes of Practice (or other local legal or regulatory equivalent).
- Making board meetings / agendas papers / minutes happen to time and quality.
- Attending all relevant Board meetings and other senior committees of all Group Companies, ensuring that the Board is kept informed of relevant and material developments and issues.
- Accountability for the effective management of owned risks and to liaise with Risk Management in maintaining and communicating up to date risk information regarding changes in existing, or new risks, as well as significant control failings/weaknesses or events that may arise.
You will ideally be a qualified lawyer, accountant or company secretary with at least 8 years' experience in a head of/management role. Ideally you would have gained this experience with a listed entity and in financial services.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.