This job is no longer available
The role of the Revenue Controller is to drive the end to end process of a matter from time recording through to billing focusing on both financial controls and service delivery support. The role covers four elements; Billing enabling, Controls, Reports and Service delivery. In addition the revenue controller will have specific responsibility for understanding and managing the end to end process for one key client. They will be required to work closely with the wider working capital team and stakeholders and will be expected to provide status updates on the status of ongoing matters.
For the Key Client
· They will liaise with the client partner and relevant BTKs on the key client to ensure that the client matters are being managed appropriately and that WIP and debt levels are billed and collected as soon as possible to assist with cash flow and lock up. They will provide and distribute monthly billing spreadsheets and instructions
· They will be responsible for the collation and sending of pro formas for processing ensuring all bills raised are within terms of engagement and have valid PO numbers. Narratives to be checked and approved disbursements only to be billed
· Correctly raised bills and narratives to be sent to the client’s accounts payable team and Legal Services department for payment processing
· Copies of all completed bills and narratives sent to the respective partners for their files
· They will be the point of contact with client to resolve queries on WIP, debt and client monies and hold a monthly debt review call with the Client dealing with any bill reversals or credit notes required liaising with the credit control team over any payment issues.
Revenue Control for the team
It is the task of the Revenue controller to enable the business to bill as efficiently and quickly as possible. The RC will be expected to work with both their designated legal teams and financial teams providing information and monitoring time, WIP and potential billing risks and opportunities.
· Obtaining WIP information from lawyers and conducting WIP meetings with all partners, and lawyers where necessary
· Attend monthly calls with the legal team leaders, providing insight to current status of matters.
· Ensuring all WIP held over 6 months old is chargeable with a good reason as to why it should remain
· Support fee earners with their preparation of billing guides.
The role of revenue control is to enable the business to maximise potential utilisation and WIP & disbursement conversion, by running control reports which will indicate areas of risk. The RC is expected to use these control reports to advise legal teams and finance of areas risk and provide advice as to how to maintain file hygiene.
· Review files with old WIP balances, funds in client accounts and disbursements.
· Monitor time recording on a weekly basis to ensure that it is complete and closed down daily where possible and that holiday time has been completed, either in advance or by the relevant secretary including monitoring of the use of nil rated activity codes.
· Ensure correct codification of WIP
· Cleanse non billable matter regularly monthly to ensure financial hygiene
Part of the RC role is to provide the business with financial reports to aid the billing and client relationship process.
· Provide ad hoc financial reporting as required;
The role of the RC is to provide excellent client service building strong relationships between internal clients, finance and on and offshore operations. The RC is expected to provide support for incoming queries, enabling issues to be resolved by the correct party. This will include
· Assisting fee earners with queries on time, WIP disbursements.
· Provide service delivery support to the legal teams to identifying correct route to solve issues and owning the issue until resolution by the relevant team has been completed.
· Supply calculations and correct terminology for internal reworks
· Escalate issues to service delivery team where repeated errors occur in processes.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have experience in a revenue/credit control role within a very customer/client focussed, legal firm advantageous.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a record of driving results within a financial environment and skills in managing a stakeholder base which will include both internal and external clients.
As well as IT competency the candidate must have a sound knowledge of excel and have a sense of commercial awareness. It is essential that the candidate is a strong communicator. Negotiating, influencing, and customer care skills are prerequisite as the ability to work independently and proactively to discharge responsibilities.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.