This job is no longer available
FINANCIAL SERVICES REGULATORY SOLICITOR, 1 PQE +
* Global Elite Firm *
From £75,000 to £110k+
Become an integral part of this elite firm’s thriving global financial services regulatory practice by joining the well-regarded London team as they seek to add a lawyer at both junior and experienced associate level.
If you would relish the chance to act for an impressive, varied international client base, advising on a broad spectrum of financial services regulation, mortgage and consumer lending and payments and e-money related matters, this is an outstanding opportunity.
This is a tight knit team in which you will be able to take on significant responsibility and gain hands-on exposure to an array of complex issues, whilst benefiting from the practice’s supportive culture and dedicated on-going technical and business-oriented training.
Associates moving from the Magic Circle or other UK firms with larger London teams have praised the extent to which you can retain a similar quality of work whilst adding scope for greater variety and closer involvement with the firm’s clients – including secondment opportunities.
Advising banks, investment management firms, brokers, payment services providers and other financial services market participants operating in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US, the team’s remit typically involves:
* advising on the establishment and operation of businesses under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 in the UK;
* advising complex international groups and offshore businesses on applicable Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulatory Authority considerations;
* advising on new and pending legislation, including investment services (MiFID), alternative investment funds (AIFM Directive), anti-money laundering (3rd Money Laundering Directive), market abuse (MAD), e‑money and payment services (PSD) directives;
* advising on the regulatory aspects of M&A transactions involving financial institutions and their assets, including Part VII transfers;
* advising on regulatory capital issues under Basel II, the EU Capital Requirements Directive and Solvency II;
* advising on regulatory compliance issues, such as market abuse, conflicts of interest and financial promotion;
* representing clients responding to inquiries and under investigation by regulators;
* drafting and negotiating marketing, joint venture, outsourcing and services agreements on behalf of regulated entities and other financial intermediaries;
* advising lenders, servicers and intermediaries on the application of the UK’s residential mortgage and consumer credit regulatory regimes;
* advising on the structuring of residential mortgage and consumer loan securitisations and financings ;
* advising on the establishment of consumer credit and mortgage businesses in the UK;
* advising on mortgage, consumer loan and consumer credit portfolios sales and transfers;
* advising on agreements between payment card issuers, acquirers, transaction processors and merchants;
* advising on regulations applicable to online payments, online financial promotion and online contracting for financial services and jurisdictional issues; and
* drafting website terms and conditions and product terms for financial services websites.
If you have a good grounding in this area, gained working with a Magic Circle or similarly highly regarded private practice in the UK, and have at least 6 months’ post qualification experience (and potentially more, up to senior associate level), then this opportunity is worth a closer look.
FIND OUT MORE
Learn more – in confidence – by contacting Jon Kennedy for further information on 0207 400 2024 or email@example.com
Jon is currently handling a range of assistant solicitor, associate and senior associate vacancies in this area of practice. For further information visit www.ejlegal.co.uk/search-law-jobs
EJ Legal is a market-leading specialist legal recruitment agency with a strong track record in mergers (advising on mergers between over 50 firms in the past 12 years), partner and associate level recruitment.
We have forged longstanding relationships with senior management and department heads at a complete range of top City (including Magic Circle), West End, boutique and US firms in London, as well as top regional firms throughout the UK and international law firms’ overseas offices.
We are proud to have preferred supplier status with the majority of the Top 100 in the UK. We also regularly act for our private practice clients on an exclusive basis, therefore offering those lawyers that are registered with us many roles that are not available through any other agency.