This job is no longer available
The Eversheds human resources group is one of the largest and most respected teams of its kind in the world. Our lawyers work with clients to deliver pragmatic and multidisciplinary solutions that cut through the complexity of the modern workplace and inspire positive change. Team members carry our leading work for major organisations – making the law as well as advising on it. The resources of an international firm allow all of our lawyers to produce their best work and use their imagination as well as legal skills to provide a great service to our clients.
The main focus of this role is to provide high level assistance to our legal advisers within the Employment and Pensions teams. We are looking for a highly motivated, committed, organised and experienced Legal Secretary/PA, to provide an appropriate split of secretarial and administrative support.
· Provision of full secretarial, PA and administrative support
· Managing the workflow of typing, making appropriate use of the firm’s outsourced service
· Highly proactive and responsive diary management
· Organising extensive international travel, business trips, itineraries and events
· Management of emails/correspondence
· Organising internal and external meetings, to include co-ordinating reports and agendas.
· Preparation of presentations and pitch documents
· Acting as liaison point for clients and colleagues
· Dealing and screening calls, delivering a positive client experience
· File opening/closing
· High volume billing and problem-solving
· Paper and electronic filing
Skills and experience:
· Experience of providing secretarial/PA support at senior partner level
· Experience of billing and finance tasks
· Demonstrates a wide range of skills, including excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
· Demonstrates confidence in own ability, and anticipates what is needed
· Demonstrates flexibility and ability to use own initiative
· Takes account of others’ workloads when working together, and offers help
· Injects energy into the team
· Develops good working relationships within the team
· Highly motivated, accurate, and works well under pressure
· Ability to multitask and prioritise
· Has a “can do” attitude and a flexible approach to a wide variety of tasks
· Excellent IT skills
· Ability to learn new systems and adopt new responsibilities when required
· Acts in a responsible manner and is discreet and confidential at all times
· Ability to hit the ground running, and learn tasks and responsibilities quickly
· Demonstrates a wide range of skills, including excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· Anticipates what is needed and takes appropriate action
· Understands which course of action or option would be most appropriate in a given situation
· Demonstrates confidence in own ability
· Demonstrates flexibility and ability to use initiative
· Develops good working relationships with key interfaces
In addition to the above, Eversheds also require awareness and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.