This job is no longer available
Eversheds is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
To provide high level administrative support to the Knowledge Resource Team to ensure the smooth running of the library service.
- Looseleaf updating
- Serials management and circulation, e.g. checking in journals, claiming missing issues and liaising with publishers/suppliers as required
- Managing and maintaining hard-copy resource collections to a high standard
- Responsibility for maintaining and promoting e-Resource and keeping Intranet pages up to date
- Provide support to un-staffed offices as necessary
- Dealing with resource related queries
- Providing cover for colleagues as necessary
- Project work and other tasks as necessary
Skills and experience:
Experience or an interest in knowledge / information work. The individual should also have experience of providing high level administrative support. Ideally we are also looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant area (this is preferred but not essential) and/or proven experience of administrative/KM support in a commercial environment.
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, in an autonomous and independent way
- Excited and challenged by the pace and demands of a corporate environment
- High degree of commercial awareness, with the ability to contribute to the wider business and Knowledge agenda
- A range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the organisation
- Flexibility of working hours as this role may operate on a shift basis between 8am and 6pm
- Some travel may be required to other offices
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.