This job is no longer available
The role as a professional support lawyer in our corporate team requires up-to-date technical knowledge of company law and public and private corporate finance transactions. The successful candidate will form part of our general Corporate Know-How Team and, in addition, will have particular responsibility for supporting our equity capital markets practice. You will work in a busy and award-winning, yet friendly and supportive team providing know-how, education and training as well as significant marketing and business development support. You will be pro-active in identifying issues on which the team and its clients need to be briefed, and able to pitch those briefings at the right level for the relevant audience. The ability to start a project and see it through to completion, together with a commitment to meeting regular deadlines, are essential qualities to maintain the smooth running of our range of added value services.
The role demands both creative thinking and efficient administration: working with our in-house specialists, you will have the opportunity to produce exceptional, innovative client products and events to enhance our brand; you will also have an important role in facilitating the day-to-day working of the corporate team through training, meetings and technical support. You’ll need a keen awareness of the wider commercial and corporate landscape, combined with an eye for operational detail.
- Qualified lawyer – minimum of three years PQE
- Technical competence in corporate law and corporate transactional experience as expected at level of qualification
- An understanding of the regulatory regime applicable to listed companies and experience of advising on M&A and ECM transactions
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Will have worked successfully as a PSL or transactional associate in a leading law firm, or as an in-house lawyer at a listed company
- Sound experience of working with senior figures within a complex international organization
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative, innovative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner, fee-earner and PSL community, building and developing strong (internal and external) client relationships
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
- Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to fee-earners
- Flexibility in terms of working hours