This job is no longer available
Eversheds is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Our company commercial group handles major projects for some of the largest clients in the world. We enable our lawyers to stretch their skills and gain experience few other law firms can offer. Our group includes a wide variety of experts, from dealmakers and banking experts through to contract drafters and IP specialists. With the resources of an international firm and an award winning, innovative approach, all of our people are able to offer carefully managed, progressive business solutions that modern day organisations require
Our corporate team is one of the most successful in Europe. As well as acting on the most complex, strategic projects for our clients (including many over £100m), we also advise on a large volume of smaller transactions. Thanks to our resources, we are able to adopt a much more multidisciplinary approach to the way that we do business that delivers efficiency and results. Our lawyers are also supported by experienced, sector-focused experts to provide an unrivalled and seamless international offering.
The Trainee Legal Secretary will assist a team of designated legal advisers with the support and mentoring of the legal secretarial team.
This role description covers the main tasks typically required of our trainee legal secretaries, however this may vary depending on the exact requirements of the legal advisers you support.
· Pro-active and appropriate use of Outsourced Document Production teams, taking responsibility for collating correspondence and enclosures, Providing feedback where appropriate to your secretarial mentor
· Urgent/confidential work delivered to Eversheds House-style. (Dictation, manuscript and copy typing)
· Assisting legal advisers to open new matters, following the firm’s procedures
· Proactively manage file closure/archiving/scheduling
· Assisting legal advisers with electronic filing in line with Eversheds guidelines
· Managing document printing (engrossment, general printing and photocopying), collation, production and copying of court bundles, ensuring the appropriate resources are used where possible
· Deal with incoming telephone calls in a professional and efficient manner, take and pass on clear messages, to assist in answering any non-legal queries
· Learning how to use the travel and diary systems in a comprehensive manner
· General administration (including room bookings, expenses, responding to central and Practice Group initiatives/requests)
· Preparation and submission of legal advisers’ expense claims; securing receipts and information following client meetings.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate should be some one who wants to be trained as a legal secretary.
A minimum of 50 wpm typing speed for copy and audio, RSA II in typing (or equivalent), audio typing or word processing and MS Office skills are essential.
· Supports all firmwide initiatives
· Seeks to provide outstanding levels of client service at all times. Projects a positive and professional image of the firm to clients
· Seeks opportunities to grow and share knowledge and learn about wider business activity
· Injects energy and enthusiasm into the team
· Uses initiative and anticipates what is needed and takes appropriate action. Demonstrates confidence in own ability
· Focuses on solutions, not problems
· Has a good understanding of basic computer packages and is building on this knowledge weekly by attending appropriate training courses
In addition to the above, Eversheds also require awareness and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.