This job is no longer available
The Banking team is part of the national Finance team, working closely with other offices in acting for financial institutions and borrowers in relation to major financing transactions. The team is particularly strong in the areas of project finance, acquisition finance, asset based lending and real estate finance and acting for large corporates raising debt finance.
The role has arisen due to the expansion of our project finance offering and would involve working closely with an Associate in Leeds and assisting the national renewables team generally. The work is vital to the team because completions are time critical and registrations have strict deadlines for our client documents. The paralegal will be responsible for the production of documents for both of these. Given we are a transactional team, there are times when it would be helpful for you to work longer hours to assist with the transactions.
Skills and experience:
The role is similar to that of a trainee:
· Preparing and updating and reviewing conditions precedent checklists on transactions and dealing with the collection and coordination of the CPs.
· Reviewing and approving companies house searches and formalities documents.
· Dealing with transaction post completion including document collation, registrations and production of bibles.
· Drafting finance documents such as deeds of release, direct agreements and share charges.
· Other ad hoc deal related matters.
You will get exposure to clients when dealing with the above on the ‘phone and at completion meetings.
You will have a strong academic background, a practical and client centred approach and work successfully as part of a team. Previous experience of a similar role would be helpful but not essential.
In addition to the above, Eversheds also require consciousness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.