This job is no longer available
Eversheds is one of the largest full service law firms in the world, acting for the public and private sector with offices across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, legal systems, litigation and dispute management, real estate practices.
The position of Data Analyst is within the Volume Services Department, situated within the Real Estate Group. The department manages a portfolio of insolvent debt for one of the firm's top 5 clients. This is a processing department with a large volume and variety of work streams which the teams must process in line with strict SLA's. The department strives for both quality of service and efficient processes which allow the department to operate profitably as well as delivering outstanding service to its clients.
The individual will report to the Team Leader of the Business Intelligence Team, who will provide the majority of training, support and mentoring required. However the individual will also be expected to be able to work on own initiative, take ownership of tasks and be accountable for own work.
The individual will be responsible for actioning a wide range of data management and analysis tasks including file processing, data manipulation and extraction, outbound and inbound data transfers and production of management reporting for internal and external clients. One of the key responsibilities will be to process daily/weekly automated reports and prepare and process data imports to Case Management Systems.
The individual will be:
· Adaptable and flexible and be able to work without supervision
· Able to effectively use existing knowledge to complete new tasks
· Proactive in taking full responsibility of own and teams workload
· Capable of establishing good working relationships with colleagues an both internal and external clients
· A quick learner and good communicator
· Willing to undertake tasks not within your usual area of responsibility
· Determined and resilient, with an ability to produce quality work in short timescales and under pressure
· Meticulous with a strong eye for detail
The operation has many different rules to be adhered to therefore you must be able to manage and prioritise a demanding and varied workload and be committed to team goals and personal development.
You will be responsible for actioning and analysing a wide range of tasks and initiatives. To include, but not inclusive of;
· Ad hoc report production,
· Recurring KPI and report production,
· Processing of automated reports,
· Process data imports to Case Management System.
· There is no confirmed supervisory element to the role, but as a member of the team the individual should be capable of self managing the workload, communicating with stakeholders regarding deadlines, priorities and managing expectations.
The Data Analyst on a daily basis will report on their work to the Business Intelligence Team leader, however there will be regular contact required with the client, stakeholders and in particular the Management Team and head of the department. With support from their team leader they should be able to engage on an appropriate level with all senior levels of the business.
Skills and experience:
· Ability to work accurately and to a high standard.
· Have the ability to make decisions and the ability to negotiate and influence.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Administration skills
· Computer literate and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Experience of working in an environment of regular change
Additionally Data Analyst will need to have good Microsoft Office skills (essential: experienced user of Access and Excel as the majority of the work will be done within these two applications).
The job holder must have:
· The capability to communicate effectively to develop effective working relationships with suppliers and internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to be consistent and maintain high quality standards and have excellent attention to details.
· Ability to effectively manage their workload.
· Understanding of compliance/regulatory standards.
· Commitment to company standard processes and have a consistent and proactive concern for process improvement.
· Ability to collaborate with colleagues, supporting a positive team environment.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.