This job is no longer available
07 June 2014
11 June 2014
City of London, England
£80 - £85000 per annum
Our client is one of leading knowledge management service providers. It now seeks a candidate with solid consumer credit experience gained in a City law firm, possibly combined with experience of working at the FCA or in-house at a financial institution.
Candidates should have good academic qualifications and an excellent understanding of financial services law and its practical implications, with the ability to assimilate and translate complex financial services issues into easily understandable concepts. The position will involve writing practice notes, daily e-mail updates, case reports, assisting in marketing the service and and training and engaging with subscribers.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant recent practical experience as a consumer credit specialist at a law firm, the bar, in-house or a regulator.
- Knowledge and experience of financial services law and regulation.
- A high level of technical legal skill.
- An ability to work efficiently to produce well-written, practical materials.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and clearly.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- A team player with a positive attitude and a flexible approach.
- An ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with others.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience at a relevant regulatory authority.
- Presentation, networking and marketing skills.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5pqe.
At gmk we can assist you throughout your career from NQ to partner level. As legal recruitment specialists, we act for all major law firms (both UK and US) and can keep you up to date on all roles currently on the market.