This job is no longer available
Eversheds is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Our company commercial group handles major projects for some of the largest clients in the world. We enable our lawyers to stretch their skills and gain experience few other law firms can offer. Our group includes a wide variety of experts, from dealmakers and banking experts through to contract drafters and IP specialists. With the resources of an international firm and an award winning, innovative approach, all of our people are able to offer carefully managed, progressive business solutions that modern day organisations require.
This role description covers the main tasks typically required of our legal secretaries, however this may vary depending on the exact requirements of the legal advisers/partners you support. Our secretaries are held in very high regard at Eversheds.
We don’t just want people who are great typists, but individuals who can think on their feet, work well with our clients and get things done. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills alongside people who are great to get on with. We fully reward you for your talents in a highly supportive environment that offers genuine career paths.
You will be responsible for the provision of full secretarial and administrative support. This includes:
· Comprehensive and proactive diary and travel management, anticipating future demands of team members and actions required. Manage critical diary dates.
· Organising and planning meetings, to include coordinating agendas and papers for internal and external meetings, booking travel and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments.
· Managing workflow of typing, making appropriate use of the firm’s outsourced service.
· Undertaking complex manuscript amends and formatting to long documents.
· Acting as liaison point for clients and colleagues.
· Dealing and screening calls, delivering a positive client experience.
· Providing sound comprehensive financial administrative support to Legal Advisers; ensuring compliance with legal, firm wide and practice group specific policies and procedures.
· Proactive Billing and Financial Support; monthly/quarterly billing runs; management of client accounts; resolving internal/external financial queries; preparation and submission or payment of third party invoices, dealing with incoming and outgoing monies.
· Paper and electronic filing.
· Working with a team of established and new secretaries to offer a seamless secretarial service.
Skills and experience:
As an integral part of our team, we expect you will:
· Demonstrate confidence in your ability, and anticipate what is needed.
· Demonstrate flexibility and ability to use initiative.
· Have working knowledge and experience of complex billing.
· Inject energy into the team .
· Take account of others’ workloads when working together, and be ready to offer your help.
· Develop good working relationships within the team.
· Be highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude, working well under pressure.
· Have an eye for detail, ensuring a consistent high level of accuracy.
· Have ideally worked as a Legal Secretary within a Company Commercial environment.
As an experienced and valued team member you will be polite, co-operative and upbeat with all colleagues, caring about your own performance and the team’s. You will be adaptable, contribute positively to new team initiatives, and act as a role model. You will demonstrate a “can do” attitude, you will be happy to help as well as taking ownership if mistakes are made and working to resolve them.
In addition to this, you will demonstrate good time management, doing everything possible to maximise fee earning time for Legal Advisers, and taking pressure from them. You will be professional and friendly when dealing with clients, working swiftly to resolve client problems.
It is essential that you have confident communication skills, good knowledge of IT systems and produce accurate and polished work to deadlines