This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Regulatory PSL to join our London office.
The role as a professional support lawyer in our corporate team requires up-to-date technical knowledge across the full range of corporate regulatory-related developments. You will work in a busy and award-winning, yet friendly and supportive team providing know-how, education and training as well as significant marketing and business development support. You will be pro-active in identifying issues on which the team and its clients need to be briefed, and able to pitch those briefings at the right level for the relevant audience. The ability to start a project and see it through to completion, together with a commitment to meeting regular deadlines, are essential qualities to maintain the smooth running of our range of added value services.
The role demands both creative thinking and efficient administration: working with our in-house specialists, you will have the opportunity to produce exceptional, innovative client products and events to enhance our brand; you will also have an important role in facilitating the day-to-day working of the corporate team through training, meetings and technical support. You’ll need a keen awareness of the wider commercial and corporate landscape, combined with an eye for operational detail.
Corporate transactional knowledge and knowledge of (or ability to quickly learn about) complex corporate regulatory areas including environmental, energy, infrastructure, bribery and corruption, sanctions and public law.
Principal areas of responsibility
- Under general guidance about priorities, maintain high quality documentation to provide partners and associates with cost effective and timely precedents which help progress client business.
- Prepare effective guidance material such as practice notes to enable colleagues to access material which is fully up to date with precedent and practice.
- Prepare updates in line with legal developments to inform colleagues and clients of implications.
- Respond accurately, usefully and in a timely way to specific requests from partners and associates on complex legal matters within own area of expertise.
- As requested research legal or client/market related material to provide senior colleagues with clear and authoritative analyses.
- Support partners and associates as required in their client relationship development through preparing and/or identifying useful written, electronic and training materials.
- Gather, synthesise and produce good quality, up to date and readable material for inclusion in the firm’s opinion pieces.
- Assist and when necessary, participate, in important Practice projects designed to ensure A&O’s knowledge base and documentation is maintained in line with new legislation, significant case law etc.
- Participate in the design and delivery of training programmes to inform colleagues and clients about current law, legal developments and implications..
- Maintain and develop own knowledge of law, practice areas, clients and current issues to grow expertise, reputation and usefulness to A&O.
- Qualified lawyer
- Technical competence in corporate law and corporate transactional experience as expected at level of qualification
- Technical competence in researching and advising on complex regulatory matters.
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Will have worked successfully as a PSL or an associate in a leading law firm
- Sound experience of working with senior figures within a complex international organization
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative, innovative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner, fee-earner and PSL community, building and developing strong (internal and external) client relationships
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
- Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to fee-earners
- Flexibility in terms of working hours