This job is no longer available
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is one of J.P. Morgan’s core businesses, and a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The Legal Group which supports the CIB provides transactional and strategic legal support as required for the various businesses within the CIB and is organized across different practice groups. The CIB’s M&A business in EMEA is supported by the EMEA M&A Legal Practice Group.
The EMEA M&A Legal Practice Group is looking for a 4+ PQE M&A/corporate lawyer to join a small team of lawyers in London supporting the EMEA M&A business. The role will entail interaction with M&A, Industry and Country Coverage investment bankers, as well as Client Executives, on transactions where J.P. Morgan in EMEA acts in an M&A advisory role for external clients.
- Providing general counsel and support to the business across a wide range of issues and at various levels of seniority
- Reviewing, advising on and negotiating M&A advisory related documentation, including engagement letters and confidentiality agreements, and advising on conflicts management
- Attending business review committees and valuation/fairness opinion committees as representative of the M&A Legal team and reviewing valuation and fairness opinions
- Co-ordination as needed with other CIB Legal Practice Groups, such as Equity/Debt Capital Markets, and with external counsel as and when required.
The role requires an articulate, responsive and commercially minded self-starter who is capable of working confidently and effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum 4+ PQE experience as an M&A/corporate lawyer
- Candidates should have a practical working knowledge of the UK Takeover Code and UKLA Listing Rules/sponsor requirements applicable in an M&A context
- Domestic and cross border deal execution experience accumulated at a Magic or Silver Circle firm
- In house M&A/Corporate experience at a bulge bracket investment bank would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
To apply, please visit www.jpmorgan.com/careers and enter the job number 140035446. Or please click the Apply now button
About JPMorgan Chase & Co
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.