This job is no longer available
We’re looking for a great Commercial Counsel to provide commercial and practical advice to our growing business worldwide.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to join a fast growing, international, high tech social gaming company then this could be the right role for you. Working in a team of 15 lawyers, you will provide commercial, contractual and regulatory advice to all parts of our business. Reporting to the Head of Commercial - Legal you will enjoy a challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your legal expertise. You’ll have direct access to the business teams and have plenty of opportunities to be the lead lawyer on cutting edge issues in an exciting and fast moving environment.
- Work on a wide range of projects, both independently and with other members of the team.
- Advise on and draft a range of commercial agreements from non-disclosure agreements, advertising and licensing agreements through to software and IT services agreements.
- Advise the business on a range of regulatory issues including advertising, gaming, consumer protection, e-commerce and data protection.
Skills to create thrills
- To be successful you will be collaborative, proactive, commercial, creative and of course, passionate about games.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects, effectively prioritise and work under demanding deadlines whilst showing a good sense of humour and a “can do” attitude is essential.
- You will have qualified in a well-respected law firm in the UK or other EU jurisdiction with ideally up to 2 years PQE and be able to demonstrate excellent academics.
- Experience working within our, or a similar, industry e.g. gaming, tech, media, or e-commerce.
- Team player with ability to build relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Professional, hard working and well organised.
- Fluent English (written and oral).
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Relevant in house experience e.g. a secondment a bonus.
- Other European languages e.g. Swedish, Spanish or German.
King is a worldwide leader in cross-platform, bite-sized games on mobile, Facebook and the web. King created Candy Crush Saga, one of the most popular and highest grossing mobile apps across the globe and Facebook’s #1 app. King currently has over 225 million monthly players generating over 30 billion gameplays per month across mobile, Facebook and the website www.king.com. Across all platforms, King now has more than 100 million daily players. King has experienced massive growth, opening three studios in 2012 and growing from under 200 employees to over 550 over the same period. The company offers more than 150 exclusive games in 14 languages through www.king.com, on mobile and tablets, Google+, and on Facebook.
The London studio was created in June of 2012 to build casual games for web and mobile. Located in vibrant SoHo, it provides the perfect combination of the dynamic flexibility and rapid growth of a start-up with the security, stability and infrastructure of an industry leader. It is the home of our hit Farm Heroes Saga (rated No.2 on Facebook and close to 10 million Daily active users on Facebook alone) with more hit games in the pipe!
- Salary commensurate with experience, including performance bonus paid twice annually
- Equity incentives
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Extra day for community or charity work
- Private health insurance for the family
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Income protection
- Pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free gym in the office
- Free food / snacks / drinks
- A fun and professional environment in this exciting sector
Want to get treated like royalty?
If you are interested in hearing a bit more about us or the role you are more than welcome to contact Gary Manning, Senior Recruiter. Application needs to be in English.
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.