This job is no longer available
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) is part of Macquarie Funds Group, a division of the Macquarie group of companies whose ultimate parent is Macquarie Group Limited, a company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. MIRA is a worldwide leader in alternative asset management, specialising in infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and other real asset classes via public and private funds, co-investments, partnerships and separately managed accounts.
MIRA manages over 50 funds with $A108 billion of assets under management and has a global team of approximately 400 experienced professionals located across 20 countries and 28 offices with principal locations being in London, Sydney, New York, Seoul and Hong Kong. Further information on MIRA can be found at www.mirafunds.com
MIRA is currently seeking an experienced M&A lawyer to join its European team, based in London. The ideal candidate will be qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales or other common law jurisdiction and will have 3-4 years’ post-qualification experience. Specific exposure to the infrastructure sector and a strong understanding of M&A, acquisition debt financing and investment fund structures will be viewed particularly favourably. European language skills are not essential, but will be advantageous.
The candidate should:
- possess a strong sense of commercial acumen and problem-solving abilities
- enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
- enjoy assuming responsibility for delivering high-quality work with minimal supervision
- have strong interpersonal skills, initiative and a good eye for detail
Offering a high level of responsibility, the selected candidate will be embedded within MIRA’s business and will have the opportunity to work closely with commercial colleagues by:
- providing legal advice, support and guidance for transaction activity by MIRA-managed funds (including portfolio company acquisitions, joint ventures, divestments, refinancings and new fund establishments)
- providing day-to-day legal advice and guidance for the ongoing management of MIRA-managed investment funds and their European investments
- co-ordinating and managing the provision of external legal advice for MIRA and its managed funds
- working with compliance and risk colleagues to monitor and report compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures by MIRA and its managed funds
To apply for this position, please click the Apply now button