This job is no longer available
Lexis®PSL Editor (fixed term contract)
- Based at our fabulous new Head Office in Farringdon Street, London
- Fantastic editorial opportunity to work at the cutting edge of publishing
LexisNexis, a division of the global publishing company Reed Elsevier Plc, is a leader in professional publishing and a pioneering solutions provider. We are changing the way the world shares information through a unique combination of authoritative content, powerful online research and advanced productivity tools. We have moved beyond supplying text information to delivering vibrant solutions which transform organisations. LexisNexis is the leading provider of information and business solutions to help knowledge-driven professionals achieve excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Content Management team, providing editorial support across the Lexis®PSL UK portfolio-an online subscription-only service for legal professionals delivering up-to-date practice-area specific guidance, checklists, precedents, forms, drafting notes, legal analysis and news (built and maintained by our own specialist lawyers, expert contributors and consulting editorial boards).
The role will involve working as part of a team of editors to perfect online content and ensure a first-class customer experience. You should be (house style, language and XML mark-up) and providing quality assurance for new and existing content. You should have proven editing skills and experience of editing in XML. You will be quick to learn and possess versatile content management skills. You should feel comfortable editing on-screen and have an excellent eye for detail.
As the PSL Editor your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Editing on-screen using Arbortext Editor software
- Applying and editing XML mark-up
- Thorough review of content for sense and conformity to house style, proof reading legal content, style correction and adherence of product style guides
- Dealing with offshore editors-supplying content for conversion and QA of offshore work
- Liaison with several teams throughout the business including PSL authors, Editorial, Fabrication and Content Developers
- Ensure editorial and product best practice and style guide is followed across the PSL product
- Uploading new content to Content Management System (PAM), requesting taxonomy codes and forms etc
- Adding, correcting and checking links
- Publishing new and amended content
- Trouble-shooting and error resolution throughout the process, escalating to technical teams where appropriate
- Providing other editorial support to internal author teams
- Testing content (product) and CMS (editorial systems) enhancements as required
- Reporting up to Managing Editor on progress and risks/issues
- Performing other agreed editorial tasks
As a PSL Editor your Skills and experience will include:
- Proven first-rate sub-editing ability
- Proficiency in editing content in XML mark up or similar
- Experience working in an area of some complexity and using professional knowledge to deliver results
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines
- Great communication skills (experience working with legal professionals or similar is an advantage)
- Pro-active approach to solving complex problems (you will be comfortable making suggestions and willing to discuss these with team members and more senior colleagues to develop solutions)
- Experience of legal subject matter and legal document creation processes highly desirable
- Interest in legal change and issues affecting the industry is desirable
- Graduate or similar (law, English, history or other essay-based degree qualification desirable)
LexisNexis, a division of the global publishing company Reed Elsevier Plc, (FTSE 100), is a leader in professional publishing and a pioneering solutions provider.