This job is no longer available
Our Corporate team operates across the firm’s network of offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia with more than two-thirds of our lawyers based outside of London. Our clients encompass national and multinational corporations, governments and regulatory bodies and many leading funds and financial institutions. We have developed a reputation for handling complex innovative transactions and regularly represent issuers and financial institutions as sponsors and finance providers.
Our Corporate practice focuses on the following core areas:
- M&A, public and private
- Private equity
- Reorganisations and restructurings
- Equity capital markets (including US Securities)
- Corporate advisory
- Regulatory and compliance
- Corporate governance
We are seeking a corporate associate to join the growing team in our Bristol office. This role would support the UK corporate team (in London and Bristol) and provide the opportunity to work on high-value and often high-profile general corporate transactions, frequently with an international element. There will be many opportunities to work with the wider corporate team in London which comprises 16 partners and 50 fee earners in total. The work will cross all areas of the team’s focus, and attitude and willingness to play a full role within the team are more important than experience of any particular work type.
We are looking for an associate with ideally between six months and three years’ PQE but would consider someone more senior if they were the right candidate for the role. He/she will be expected to work with other Partners and associates across other offices, as part of a collegiate and supportive international group.
- Excellent academics;
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team;
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required;
- Applicants should have trained and qualified with a leading firm and should ideally have between six months and three years’ post-qualification experience;
- Experience in and enthusiasm for complex, high value corporate transactions.
Simmons & Simmons has over 1,500 people working in 22 offices on some of the most high profile work across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. If you’d like to join the team in Bristol or would like further information on the role please contact: Polina Norris, Resourcing Advisor, on +44 207 825 3125 or click the Apply now button.