This job is no longer available
With our international reputation for excellence, the world’s leading property organisations frequently turn to Simmons & Simmons for first-class real estate advice. Our clients include substantial investors, property funds, lenders, borrowers, developers, landlords and occupiers. Strategic and creative thinking are the hallmarks of our practice and with our constructive approach to the law, clients view us as trusted business advisers.
We are seeking associates with up to 5 years’ PQE with solid commercial real estate experience to join our new Bristol office. A variety of commercial real estate work is on offer, advising on all aspects of commercial property law, leases and landlord and tenant matters. There will also be exposure to property finance, insolvency/recovery, corporate occupier work, PFI/PPP projects, mortgage securitisations and more.
- Excellent academics
- Solid generalist commercial real estate experience from another top London, national or regional practice
- Experience of acting for institutional investors, property funds or other financial institutions
- A clear understanding of and enthusiasm for the commercial issues involved in real estate work
- Experience of railway work is of interest but by no means essential
- Ability to develop and maintain existing client relationships
- Ability and willingness to get involved in marketing, client pitches, etc.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Must have a "can-do" attitude and be a team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- For candidates with up to 5 years’ PQE, experience of mentoring and supervising less experienced team members on a range of transactions and a willingness to do so is essential
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Committed to working in the Bristol area
Simmons & Simmons has over 1,500 people working in 22 offices on some of the most high profile work across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. If you’d like to join the team in Bristol or would like further information on the role please contact: Kiri Harlow, Resourcing Advisor, on +44 207 825 3197 or apply by clicking the Apply now button