This job is no longer available
Ukrainian speaking Legal Counsel, Switzerland;
THE CLIENT: Our client is a Swiss headquartered Iron Ore Company listed on the main market of the London Stock exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 UK Index Series. The Group's operations situated on the Kremenchug Magnetic Anomaly, a 50 kilometers long iron ore deposit in the Ukraine's Poltava region, are principally involved in the mining and processing of iron ore to produce high quality pellets used in the manufacture of steel. The company has been mining, processing and selling high quality iron ore pellets for over 35 years and is a top 5 supplier of pellets to the global steel industry and the largest exporter of pellets from the CIS. The company has a diversified customer base supplying steel mills in Austria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany and other European states, as well as in China, India, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. The company also has a minority interest in Brazilian iron ore miner Ferrous Resources.
THE ROLE: Based in Switzerland, the Legal Counsel will report to the Group General Counsel in Dubai and provide effective, reliable, user-friendly assistance and advice to senior managers within the Group across a range of legal matters including finance transactions, infrastructure and procurement, shipping and maritime, commodity trading, cross border transactions, litigation, corporate governance and general commercial contracts.
* The successful candidate will be a Ukrainian, Russian or Swiss qualified lawyer;
* Fluent Ukrainian and English language skills are essential for this role, with Russian skills to be beneficial.
* You will have gained between three and five years of experience in general corporate and commercial contracts from within an international company and/or an international law firm.
* More specifically you will handle a wide range of commercial and regulatory legal issues spanning from general commercial contracts to infrastructure matters, competition, logistics, trade and customs and other legal matters.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel are a must.
NEXT STEPS: This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing legal team, working closely with the Group General Counsel and senior business personnel in a dynamic environment. For further information, please call Oksana Solomou and/or Angela Floydd on + 44 207 645 8508 or +41 787427382 or e-mail correspondingly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 698400.
ABOUT LAURENCE SIMONS:
Founded in 1988, Laurence Simons is a specialist international legal recruitment consultancy. With offices across 4 continents, Laurence Simons truly is an international recruiter. We cover the whole spectrum of permanent and temporary legal positions in both the Private Practice and In-House markets from Newly Qualified through to Partner and General Counsel level roles.