Our U.S. Practice focuses on capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, high yield, securitizations and structured finance, banking, tax and other international financial transactions. Our work is complex and exciting and involves some of the most innovative and prominent transactions in the marketplace. The legal practice does not focus on "pure" domestic work - our practice concerns the conception, documentation and execution of cross-border international transactions.
Role and Responsibilities
- To market the practice effectively and provide legal advice to our international client base.
- Taking comments and mark up on drafts of offering circulars.
- Arranging and participating in signing and closing meetings.
- Coordinating with all parties to ensure that transactions go through.
- Drafting and amending all documentation for an issue or an issuance programme from precedents.
- Liaising with printers to supervise the productions of prospectuses.
- Legal research.
- Procedural work such as drafting board minutes, completing Form 395s and reviewing corporate documentation.
- To be a reliable reference person, responding effectively to daily client queries and ensuring that expectations are managed appropriately.
- U.S. qualified attorney (preferably New York)
- Holder of a JD from a top tier U.S. Law School.
- Experience of capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, high yield, securitizations and structured finance, banking, tax and other international financial transactions.
Who we are looking for
We seek candidates who truly strive to achieve and assume high levels of responsibility early in their career. The ideal candidates should possess determination, vision, creativity and strength and breadth of character. They should also be perpetually open to clear communication and possess a commitment to Allen & Overy as an international team.