This job is no longer available
Eversheds is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Our company commercial group handles major projects for some of the largest clients in the world. We enable our lawyers to stretch their skills and gain experience few other law firms can offer. Our group includes a wide variety of experts, from dealmakers and banking experts through to contract drafters and IT specialists. With the resources of an international firm and an award winning, innovative approach, all of our people are able to offer carefully managed, progressive business solutions that modern day organisations require.
The Birmingham technology team has a growing practice advising across a number of areas, particularly major IT/system procurements and a range of outsourcing transactions. These projects are nearly all high value and often with a major international focus. The team also undertakes a broader range of related work types, such as advising on contracts for the supply of equipment, software and services. The team has a superb list of clients. Both the head of the Eversheds TMT sector group and the head of the Eversheds international IT group are based in the Birmingham office.
You will play a major role in assisting to grow and develop the IT and outsourcing part of the technology team. You will form a key part of the future of the team and there are some real opportunities for career development for you to take advantage of.
The role involves:
• Leading on outsourcing contracts (particularly IT and BPO), IT contracts including IT system builds, software licensing, cloud computing / hosting deals and the full range of online/e-commerce advice;
• Business development initiatives including speaking at seminars for clients, internal training, client briefing papers and many softer BD initiatives (we like our lawyers to be heavily involved in BD);
• Client relationship management; and
• A crucial role of supporting and developing the junior members of the team.
Skills and experience
You must have a good grounding in commercial law. You must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively at different levels and with clients from a variety of different cultures. You must be a team player and must be able to get on well with clients.
We expect you will have worked on and managed significant and complex technology and outsourcing contracts and be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the contract terms and also the key commercial and operational issues with these types of deals.
• You work to get a full understanding of the client’s needs and its business drivers from the outset
• You build a rapport with clients by questioning and exploring their views
• You demonstrate experience in managing communications confidently, clearly and appropriately with clients and colleagues
• You demonstrate commercial awareness when providing technical advice
• You have a track-record of actively seeking to build links with other parts of the business and deliver results
• You are a team player and keen to get involved in growing a team that enjoys working together
• You will fit well into a lively team
In addition to the above, Eversheds also require awareness and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.