This job is no longer available
Main Purpose of the Role :
To lead a team that contributes to the development of online practical guidance products and solutions for Corporate practitioners with a view to contributing to the revenue and profit growth of LexisNexis
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Plc, is a leader in legal and professional publishing. Leveraging over 30 years of online experience, LexisNexis offers one of the best opportunities to contribute to the building of tomorrow’s information services spanning across multiple media.
We are looking for a senior lawyer to drive LexisNexis on in its strategy of enabling law firms to deliver legal services more efficiently, more profitably and in a manner which best meet the needs of their clients.
Job Outline – Head of LexisPSL Corporate
Reporting to the Practice Area Director, the Head of LexisPSL Corporate is primarily tasked with developing and managing the LexisPSL Corporate product – a market leading online practical guidance and information service aimed squarely at Corporate lawyers.
The Head of LexisPSL Corporate is also responsible for assisting the Practice Area Director with the development and execution of a holistic practice area strategy across all products, solutions and services within the LexisNexis portfolio aimed at Corporate practitioners. The Head of LexisPSL Corporate will be the primary internal reference point for their practice area.
For the right candidate this role represents an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of market leading products at the heart of the LexisNexis Legal Intelligence proposition.
Key Skills we are looking for :
- UK qualified lawyer with comprehensive knowledge of their practice area and extensive experience delivering advice to clients (Significant post qualification experience as a solicitor or barrister)
- Excellent technical legal input - a broad practical experience of all corporate matters, both public and private company law
- Strong business development skills, with substantial gravitas, and the ability to engage with top level corporate law firms
- Strong people management skills and the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of lawyers and other staff
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail - the ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and clearly
- Demonstrable experience of corporate deals and drafting legal advice on substantive and procedural issues
- A real understanding of the corporate market, its trends and the legal community, and in particular the needs of Corporate practitioners
- Demonstrable experience in drafting precedents and undertaking complex deal structures
- Clear, succinct writing style, with the ability to adapt to LexisNexis house style
- A deep understanding of the core processes and tasks that form the bulk of everyday legal practice
- A desire to be at the forefront of awareness about new and developing law
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- A flair for innovation and idea generation
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strategic planning ability – be able to create and communicate a vision for the product
- The ability to generate enthusiasm for a concept or project amongst peers and the team they manage
- Strong communication and effective presentation skills
- Commercial accountability – ability to budget and manage resource
- Financial literacy – the ability to manage the profit and loss account for the LexisPSL Corporate module
Although the role is not a sales role in the traditional sense, business development is a key aspect and the successful candidate will also be expected to draw upon their strong networks amongst the legal profession to inform the services they develop, to leverage contacts to contribute to the product, to facilitate the sales process and to collaborate effectively with the LexisNexis sales and marketing function.
Desirable skills we are looking for:
- Previous experience of setting up and managing a law firm’s corporate know-how and knowledge management strategies
- Previous experience of authoring articles on legal topics
- Experience in training fellow lawyers
- An interest in / understanding of how technology may enable legal services to be delivered more efficiently and economically